Build your own Mad Queen Daenerys, and more fun merch
#GameofThrones #ForTheThrone #HBO
The holiday season is rapidly approaching, and the HBO Shop is ready with ugly Christmas sweaters, collectible figurines, and everything in between so you can find that perfect gift for the special pop culture fan in your life…and if that fan is you, all the better.
Let’s start with some new Westeros-themed items added to the shop, like this simple black Game of Thrones hoodie for $39.95.
Do you still ship Jon and Daenerys despite everything, but don’t have the proper apparel to convey your loyalties? Then, this Stark-and-Targaryen sigil t-shirt for $17.47 should be perfect for you.
And here’s the same thing, but as a hoodie! Price tag: $31.96.
Perhaps drinking and knowing things is more your style? At $11.01, this pint glass should be just the right size and just the right price.
Remember artist Robert Ball’s “Beautiful Death” artwork that came out after new each episode of Game of Thrones? Well, now you can take a little piece of that art everywhere you go with this nifty pin for $11.86.
Moving on to more hands-on merch, you can’t go wrong with the Mega Construx Game of Thrones set featuring Daenerys astride Drogon. It’s very cool-looking, although it will cost you $91.00.
She’s checking her list, she’s checking it twice, she’s gonna find out who melted down Ice…okay, that was bad, but I stand by it. At $54.95, the Arya’s List ugly Christmas sweater is sure to make people do a double-take at your office Christmas party.
All these items and more can be found at the HBO Shop.
But there are other places to buy Game of Thrones merch…or faux-Game of Thrones merch. Professional wrestler Baron Corbin is hawking some merch that reminds us an awful lot of the Stark sigil…
Incredibly, there’s merch outside Westeros, too. If you love Harry Potter, then you’re going to love this Hogwarts tree topper from Hallmark.
Yes, it’s $119, but wait until you see what it can do:
- Connect this tree topper to the power adapter (included) to see the continuous light effect. Press the button on the remote control or on the back of the tree topper to watch it illuminate and hear music from “Hedwig’s Theme.” No batteries necessary.
- This Christmas tree topper comes pre-packaged in a box for easy gift giving, preservation and storage.
- Add other Harry Potter Collection ornaments to unlock larger, amazingly interactive performances from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
And what are these “Harry Potter Collection” ornaments that interact with the topper? Here’s the Harry Potter ornament for $29.99:
Hermione Granger for $29.99.
And Ron Weasley for $29.99.
You can find even more Harry Potter ornaments from Hallmark here.
Next, with director Denis Villeneuve’s Dune movie coming in December of next year, now’s the time to start collecting all the merch you can. And even though these two Funko Pop! figures are from David Lynch’s 1984 version of the movie, they’re still fantastic collectibles.
Here’s Paul Atreides as played by Kyle Maclachlan:
And Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen as portrayed by Sting:
Remember when these two faced off in the movie? Well, no time like the present to learn:
You can’t even order these yet, but you can sign up for Funko alerts and get an email when they’re available.
Finally, Idea Planet is crowdsourcing a $200 collector’s edition of the main ship from The Expanse: the Rocinante. Here are the specs from the company’s Kickstarter page:
- Weighted ABS/PVC resins with steel reinforcements (approximately 3-4 pounds)
- Approximately 18″ to 21″ long – it’s going to be big!
- High-detail paint, metallic accents and tampo printing
- Magnetic (removable) gun turrets and railgun
- Set of interchangeable landing gear (retracted and extended)Blue LED engine lights with
- on/off switch
- Includes a custom swivel base for custom positioning (will be black, grey or translucent…you can help us make the decision)
The campaign kicked off on October 22. As you can see, it’s well on its way to its goal of $250 thousand raised.
“What we’re really good at is taking things that don’t exist in the world, things that may exist only in the digital world, and bringing them into the real world,” creative director Mike Ableman told Polygon. “That’s kind of our expertise.”
To stay up to date on everything fantasy, science fiction, and WiC, follow our all-encompassing Facebook page and sign up for our exclusive newsletter.
Watch Game of Thrones for FREE with a no-risk, 7-day free trial of Amazon Channels